Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Self Discipline

Obviously in my life I am nowhere close to being perfect. Some areas that I need improvement on are:

1) Confidence.
2) Getting things done. (Procrastination!)
3) Being “me”-focused.
4) Priorities.
5) Time management.

I often find myself going for something, or doing something, and then backing down or away from my goal. This is because I lose confidence in myself; I feel that I’m not good enough, or there are others that are better than me. I can fix this by keeping in my mind that I am wonderful and can do anything that I set my mind to do. I am horrible at procrastinating! A way I can improve this is by pushing my “deadline” up. If I did this then I should have plenty of time to actually get things finished! A way I can lose my focus for myself is by doing at least one thing for someone else every day. When it comes to priorities, I think a way I can improve is by making lists to remind myself of what needs the most attention when. For time management I need to keep in mind that there are only 24 hours in a day, seven days in a week, etc. I am one person that can only do so much, and I need to manage my time around the things that MUST get done!

My dad has a HUGE amount of discipline! He keeps track of everything in my family. He pays our bills on time, gets his job done, makes sure my family has what we needs, and still has time to spend time with us! He is the greatest.

The main thing I am accountable for right now is school. It is my job to make good grades, and keep focused to maintain scholarships and get done with school in time.

I am accountable to my teachers, family, and everyone that has influenced my life. People have invested their time and energy in me, and it is the least I can do for them by succeeding in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment