Wednesday, February 3, 2010

This is who I am.

I chose the blog name “A New Beginning” because it totally describes this year of my life. When I first came to OU in the fall, I was so excited! Once I came off that high, it was rough, but I finally got adjusted and situated. With the start of second semester, I absolutely did not want to come back, but I am glad that I am here. It is a rough road, and I am certain that in the end I will be stronger and a better person for making it through it. It is a whole new beginning: I am currently not pursuing any sports, which is an entire new world for me. I live two hours from home, and I brought no one from home with me, so I am on this adventure alone. Everything here is new and different and fresh, and I am excited to see where I’ll end up.

Now, on to a little bit about me. My name is Toni Kaylene Worley, T.K. for short. I was raised in the small town of Verdigris, OK. I graduated with a class of 62 amazing people. I live my life for Jesus Christ, and I try to keep Him in everything I do. Sports have always been a part of my life. I grew up on and around the many different types of ball fields, mainly being baseball/softball diamonds and football fields. I started gymnastics when I was 4, and continued competitively for 7 years. After gymnastics, came cheerleading, which I have been participating in for 7 years now also. Throughout those years I have also played softball, soccer, basketball and ran track. I have two older brothers, who I admire. Caleb is 21, and lives at home with my parents. Trent is 30, and has his own family including his wife Ashlee, and my wonderful nephews Jaxon and Cash, who I absolutely love. I adore my mom and dad. They have done a fantastic job of providing for me and our family, and they did a wonderful job in guiding and raising me. Leadership played significant roles in my high school years. I was class VP for two years, StuCo secretary for one year, and my senior year I was StuCo President.

Likes: purple and green. Smoothies. Ice cream dates. Singing. Photography. Laughing.
Loves: Family. Friends. And Jesus Christ.
Hates: Cancer.

I hope this gave you an insight on who I am. :)

1 comment:

  1. My first semester was really rough too, and it took until second semester for me to start really enjoying my time here, so I totally understand what you're going through and I promise it gets better!

    I hope you enjoy your semester blogging! I'm so glad to have you in this course!

    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete