Monday, March 22, 2010

Attitude.

I have found that the saying “attitude is everything” is not just some cliché that my mom kept chirping to annoy me. Attitude has turned out to REALLY be everything in my life. Any given circumstance can be determined by the attitude I choose to give it.

This shows true when trying to accomplish a group task in a HUGE way! For example, if I came to my group project shut off from everyone with a terrible attitude, my group would not hold me accountable to participate in my part of the task, and it could cause their attitudes to be poor. If the role was to be switched around, and I chose to come with high energy and a positive attitude, then my group would have a greater trust and respect for me. This also could help them to have a positive attitude on the outlook of our task to be completed.

Someone whose attitude has influenced me would be Toni Borza. She babysat my brother and me, and she played a huge role in raising me. She recently went home to be with the Lord after a battle with cancer. Although she was fighting this awful disease she always remained positive. She even continued thinking about others throughout this battle. She mentored a girl that she met at the doctors, and helped this girl to realize that she was a great girl worthy of being treated right and with respect. I was talking to her husband after her funeral, and he told me that Toni would want me to know that “God doesn’t make any junk, and that I should go on to do great things because that’s what I was made to do.” Since that time when I wake up in the morning I put a smile on my face and MAKE THE CHOICE that that day is going to be great and that I am going to do great things with it. Toni did a great job of helping me to cherish the life that I have been given.

“Our Attitudes are Our Most Important Assets” simply means that our attitude is the best trait that we can have. It can make or break a person’s personality or reputation. It is how people view us.

No comments:

Post a Comment